It's all in the Review/Details

Please take the time to review your work prior to submitting. If you are an RN and your enter yourself as an LPN/LVN; I will be sending back your visit. You will need to correct it if you are entered as the wrong discipline. This affects our billing.

Please check that you are assigning the appropriate discipline to the interventions so that they appear on the iPad for the specified plan of care.

You are responsible to speak with the physician and to write orders for services that are not included on the referral. (OT/PT/SLP/MSW) No order visits cannot be completed.

If a care plan is assigned to the wrong discipline and not viewable to the discipline it is the same as not having a care plan to follow. The visit cannot be completed and the individual must leave the home.

While we have been assisting in fixing some of this, I believe that we are far enough along now 2 months since implementation, to focus on being more detail oriented. Reducing re-work will save you time and frustration.

Care Plans Assigning Disciplines

1. If it is a Nursing responsibility and can be assigned to lowest disciple(LPN) then you must select an LPN/LVN.

2. If it is a CNA/HHA careplan then you must select the appropriate discipline.

3. If it is a PCW careplan then you need to assign it to that PCA/PCW discipline.

Simply checking the details will result in less work for all of us and insure the best patient care and outcomes possible for the community.

Thank you, for working so hard in this transition period and know that I am here to help if you have any questions. While I can do some things on my end there are somethings that I cannot correct.
I do not enjoy rejecting things back to the nurse despite some suggestion that "I think you lay awake at night thinking up things to reject". HA HA ha ha it was a joke.

Lynnae Raether RN, MSN
QA Nurse Home Health

Marquardt at Home
1020 Hill St.
Watertown, WI. 53098

Phone : (920) 206-4613 Ext 4613
Fax: 920-261-7327

LRaether@marquardtvillage.org

Comments