Our pt had a THA and our nurse is doing dressing changes on the incision site, is this included in the Z47.1 code or should I code the surgical dressing change also Z48.01? I just want a second opinion since Ive never heard of this situation. I want to avoid up coding.

Thanks :)

Danie Stevens
Home Health Coder, RHIT
Essentia Health St. Mary's
1027 Washington Ave, Detroit Lakes, MN 56501


Sign In or Register to comment.