Please Help: THERAPY ORDERS

So if the agency received a DC order from the hospital stating for OT or PT to eval then the PT or OT went to see the patient for eval and see the need for therapy and will have further visits with the patient, the order for PT or OT eval has to be included in the Home Health care plan or the DC order from the hospital for PT/OT eval is enough and in compliance and does not need to be included or carried over in the Home Health care plan? My understanding is: it has to be included in the HH care plan. Any link to substantiate and clarify this is highly appreciated. There are 2 different opinions in our office. Thank you all.

Comments

• edited May 2017
    You need an order for the Pt and OT plan after they establish it and signed
    by the physcian
  • You mean PT/OT Eval and care plans? We have those and also signed by MD. Question of having PT/OT order to initiate service should be included in the Home Health care plan or the order from the Hospital upon referral is enough and in compliance? Thank you for your response.
  • edited May 2017
    We always put on our initial 485 PT to eval and plan treatment and then
    send PT plan and orders to the physician to sign after the eval was done.
    Our surveyors have always been happy with it being done this way.
    Diana Yoesel
  • It can be a verbal order for now but I understand the new COP will say it has to be on the POC?

Lora
  • edited May 2017
    At the very least we include the order for PT & OT Evaluation in the Plan of Care/485. On our therapy evaluation notes the visit frequency order is included and then our evaluation notes also serves as the MD's order and requires the MD's signature and date.

Jackie Bush, RN, MBA, CPHQ, COS-C
    Director of HCMC HH & Hospice
    311 E. Wood St.
    Paris, TN. 38242
    731-642-7600 (P) * 731-644-9639 (F)
  • We have an order for OT Eval from the hospital DC documents but OT eval is not included in the HH care plan /485 and OT saw the patient, did the eval and have visits. Not sure if this is acceptable and in compliance. I could not find a link/standard on this matter. Thank you all for your input.