QAPI

We are a hospital based Home Health & Hospice agency and as such our organization requires us to be Joint Commissioned Accredited so we already have in place what the new COP’s are requiring for QAPI so if anyone is needing assistance with a QAPI Plan and QAIP Annual Evaluation, etc. I will be glad to share ours and you can use as a template to develop one for your agency. Please do not respond to this list serve but email me directly at jbush@hcmc-tn.org.

Jackie Bush, RN, MBA, CPHQ, COS-C
Director of HCMC HH & Hospice
311 E. Wood St.
Paris, TN. 38242
731-642-7600 (P) * 731-644-9639 (F)
From: Kelli Humphries [mailto:kellihumphries_srhha@centurytel.net]
Sent: Wednesday, March 15, 2017 1:44 PM
To: OASIS-L
Subject: Re: [oasis-l] QAPI-

I recently went to a conference that said to start with you high risk, high volume, problem probe areas. Then drill down and create a PIP that meets the characteristics of your situation. Get your info from Casper, HH Compare, 5 Star VBP rating and your look at these reports 1. Agency patient related characteristics, 2. Risk Adjusted Outcome Report, 3. Potential Avoidable Events, 4. Process Based Outcomes Quality Improvement Report---Run the "3 bar report" The asterisk beside the statistic means significant and might be a starting point for improvement. And go back 1 year to see where your benchmark is to compare 2017 off of.
Thanks
Kelli
Sent: Wednesday, March 15, 2017 10:04:19 AM
Subject: [oasis-l] QAPI-
Does anyone have a list or calendar of required QI monitors and suggested PIPs for home health. Or Can lead me to where I can find this information. We have a new director and we are looking for regulatory guidance to re-vamp our QAPI .

Thank you,

Sharon McWhorter
Doctors Home Care
Phone: (870) 836-1301
Fax: (870) 836-1371
smcwhorter@ouachitamedcenter.com