visit freq and duration at SOC

At admission (such as post hospital for skilled assessments and teaching), does your agency project visits for the full 60 day episode? Do you have a statement in the orders that state you may discharge when goals are met? We are looking at practices that will reduce paper load/ signature load to physicians and would appreciate any sharing of practices that are effective for you. Thank you in advance for any input.

Comments

• edited May 2017
    Well, if they go to 30 day cert periods the summer of 2017 this really won't be an issue. I'd wait.

~KellyR
  • Hi Kelly:

Can you elaborate on the change in cert periods to 30 days?

Dawn Chapman RN, BSN, HCS-D, COS-C
    Call Center Supervisor
    VNA of Cape Cod
    dchapman@vnacapecod.org

We're taking good care of you.™
  • edited May 2017
    Just something I just heard about on a webinar r/t new CoP’s. All I can think is all the extra time it’s going to take.
  • edited May 2017
    Not a CoP webinar, was a compliance webinar. Kinnser had a free webinar from Arlene Maxim, and it said "Home Health Payment Grouping Models: In December, 2016, CMS gave us insight as to where we will soon be headed. Here are some highlights:

- 60 day episodes will become 30 day episodes, monthly billing will be expected

- RAP's will likely go away

-The first 30 days will be the only "early" episode

Interesting huh?
  • So, do you recommend visit frequency/duration for 30 days? Or until the change is made should we write for 60 days? We currently write for approximately 3-4 weeks then if services need continued we write ongoing order that includes all the interventions, goals and a summary. One more thing to send to MD, track, and have MD sign.
  • edited May 2017
    I would continue to do the 60 day until it's changed, but I wouldn't go changing policies if you are going to have to change them up later. Just my two cents anyway.
  • Thanks much. No policies to change, just a common practice/habit with nurses.